Saturday, May 30, 2009

Surgy

One more 3-day week-end. This country is just perfect, we can go on mini-vacations all the time. We headed to Surgy in Bourgogne, a place we already visited last year, except that this time it was sunny and warm and Mamma and Papa really enjoyed climbing there.


Mamma up a very nice but slightly polished dihedral crack climb. She did a wonderful job leading it. Next to her, I think some aliens took a perfectly square sample of the cliff to recreate this climbing area on their planet.

I need some energy to recover from so much exercizing. Found a big chocolate chip cookie, that works, miam miam.

Eating with hands is for babies: I am a big girl and can eat my cereals with a spoon (or even a fork in that case).

I am glad Mamma and Papa brought my little stroller along: it turned out that it was not only great for sleeping but also to play with.

Coucou!

Look at those back muscles! This shallow rounded crack was the crux of the route, the difficult part of it. After mode than 30 meters of climbing, not so easy to negotiate.

It was Papa's 5th or 6th time on this route but he still had a wonderful time climbing it. This has to be a classic of Surgy, this one and the "Casquette" one that Mamma and him climbed together while I was taking a nap.

No comments: