Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Getting ready to travel

I am quite excited: in 3 days from now, we will all be traveling very far North to visit Amma, Afi and the rest of the Icelandic family. This will be my first very big trip, I can't wait for it. Mom and dad have been repeating that I will love the journey: apparently, we'll get to take what they call a train and a plane: big machines to go from one place to another, much bigger than my car. Both make some noise and vibrate a lot: I usually love that, it makes me sleep like an angel, so I guess everything should be fine.

We are all getting ready to leave, trying to remember everything we should bring: I will be traveling light this time, only taking my stroller, car seat, some clothes and diapers. Amma and Afi already got a little crib for me there so I do not have to worry about not being comfortable at night.
This will be a good repetition for an even longer trip that they are organizing: the USA in May. That will be something, not every 4-month old baby gets the chance to travel that far so early. We'll be going to the beach in Alabama with Uncle Vincent before heading to State College in Pennsylvania for mom's graduation. That's where everything started too, mom and dad met there, my origins are somewhere there. Anyway, I don't want to say too much about that second trip now, we'll have time to talk about it later.
My new sunglasses, ready to go to the beach. I look like a star. (Notice that I am apparently not allowed to drive with those)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

why so lazy?... kominn mánuður og ekkert að skrifast,

Góða ferð til ameríku, have a nice trip og til hamingju með að vera Doktor H..

kv. Birna rún

Sigrún Dóra said...

Helluuuuuu! It's been a month allready!

I would love to hear the US travel story.

Yeah, and by the way, I'm getting close to 7 kg, how about that! How are you doing on your 'getting bigger' project?

A hug from Frosti Rúnar.