Friday, April 4, 2008

Heim í heiðardalinn!! (home sweet home...for mom)

I´ve been getting quite a lot of complaints about how slow things are in updating this blog...well mamma and papa are quite busy taking care of me and I´m awefully slow typing...even though I try my best. Mamma finds it quite funny how I hit the keyboard with my little hands but its very hard because my fingers are so small and my thumb is so not cooperating yet...

So here comes a little story about the trip we took to Iceland in APRIL!!
It was the first time I took a plane, very exciting, even though I slept most of the way...
The flight attendants thought I was super cute...of course and everything went very well.

In the plane with mamma
In Iceland we stayed with amma and afi and I even got to meet my FAVORITE aunt, Birna for two days before she had to go back to Denmark and my FAVORITE Icelandic uncle, Jonni.

Negotiatiating the use of a "snudda/tetine" with afi.

With amma, in the process of putting on pyjamas.

With uncle Jonni. I look forward to when I'm older he can take me up on the glaciers in his big SUV!!
With aunt Birna. She lives in Denmark and I will go visit her there one day!
Amma had borrowed this bassinett for me, here I am testing it...pretty good eh!

So what did we do in Iceland, well for one I met a LOT of relatives...I seem to have a bunch of them there, well apparently I'm pretty much related to almost EVERYBODY in Iceland!! That is pretty cool, to have 300.000 cousins! I guess its good we don't know all of them, otherwise mamma and papa would have to get a much bigger appartment after my birthday to fit all my presents!!

Papa only stayed in Iceland for 5 days, then he had to go back to France to work but before he left we went to a swimming pool. I really like being in water, splashing is fun, but this one was a little cold for me so I got a bit small and started crying after a while...or so they thought when in fact I was crying because mamma made me wear a hat in the pool!! People dont wear hats when they go swimming!! :o(

With papa in the pool, its before I realized I was the only one wearing a hat!



I also met several of my my-size cousins. Here are some pictures of me with Frosti Rùnar (which at that time was my only younger cousin...since then I have one more), his sister Freyja and Sævin.

Freyja, Frosti and I...darn you can totally see in this picture that I have a little bit of a slobbering problem these days...

Frosti, Sævin and I. Man, these photoshoots can be tiring....

No comments: