Fontainebleau
The world most renowned bouldering area is located just an hour from home, I had to take mom and dad there on this sunny and warm Sunday. I get rewarded too: to reach the first boulders, we have to walk for 15 minutes, which allows us to try my stroller in full off-road mode. Bumps, holes, rocks, branches, sand... there is nothing better than a super bouncy stroller to make me sleep.
The area that we decide to try is fairly small: all boulders are all located within a few meters of each other, easy for us to move the stroller as mamma and papa try problems. Different colors are available as well: yellow (easy), orange (medium) and red (hard). They get to try a little bit of everything. I like being in the woods: it is quiet, very pretty, smells good. I like it very much.
Spending the whole day far from home is not too easy: I need a place in the shade to sleep, to be fed on a regular basis, but most important of all, to be taken care of. I am too small to climb, watching the parents climb is a little boring after a while: being in their arms and playing with them and all the toys we brought is more fun.
Mom = portable food. So convenient
The crashpad becomes a playground!
Millau
Fontainebleau was just a starter. Short day-trip, small rocks, small landscape... I want to see bigger now. Our friend Vincent (he is my friend too, I am so cute that everybody likes me) from the climbing gym invites us to stay at this parents place close to Millau in the South of France for this 4-day week-end.
Now we are talking: kilometers of magnificent gorges, rock everywhere, dream lanscapes and perfect weather
A bunch of new experiences for me this week-end:
- go on a hike in my stroller: not always easy to drive it in the rocky paths, sometimes a pusher and a puller are required to go uphill. Not as fast as normal hikers but it does not matter too much and we manage to reach the edge of the cliff, spot some eagle's nests not very far and enjoy a nice picnic in the sun.
- disturb a whole crowd of people at the climbing crag by refusing to sleep or stop crying. I am a celebrity, I have to make myself noticed wherever I go! Mom and dad decide to leave after trying to calm me for 30 minutes without success. We'll visit the crag again the next day and enjoy a few hours of excellent climbing. Or at least, they will while I sleep or play with one of them.
- take a bath in a kitchen sink. Not enough space in my car to bring my bathtub for the week-end. Full of resources, I propose to use the sink instead: it is just my size, a perfect fit.
Daddy trying hard to climb: show-off!
A big hike in my stroller: it goes everywhere and I love it. Mamma and Papa are thinking about an alternative solution, it is quite heavy and bulky to drag me all over the place in it.
At the crag: that's the day I was calm and all smiles. It's the last place where Mom could find some shade to feed me, far in the crack.
It feels good to rest after such a long and eventful week-end
No comments:
Post a Comment