Saturday, August 16, 2008

V and J's Wedding in Soissons

This is a long week-end in France, let's do some traveling. Our friends Varuni and Jerome from State College are getting married (for the 3rd time) in Soissons, 90 minutes East of Paris. We take advantage of the super nice weather to camp in the area and visit a small bouldering area, almost like Fontainebleau.

Mamma and Papa were getting tired of driving so I took the wheel for a little while. A small driver in a small car. Big smile.

Even though the area was almost completely destroyed during the first World War, there are some nice building remaining here and there: a nice marketplace, nothing to be ashamed of in front of all those new supermarkets.

Another building that was not destroyed during the war... but long before that. So cool ruins: when I am older, I will buy a big castle like this and wait for Prince Charming to come and marry me.

The inside of the ruins, the evening sun casting nice shadows through the remaining windows and pillars.

The small bouldering area, big rocks in a sea of sand, almost like Fontainebleau but in smaller. I was sleeping in my stroller while Mamma and Papa tried a few problems.

No risk of hurting oneself too much, the rocks were all fairly small. Look at this nice back, it was a "hot" day.

I really liked Yellow 25, I found all the nice holds on the rock with my little fingers.

Later in the day, at V and J's wedding party. Swiss Laure got to see me for real for the first time. Halla and Xavier were happy to see her again, it had been almost a year since they last met, at their own wedding.

The happy couple. Not easy to pose for pictures for the 3rd time. France was last after the US and Sri Lanka.

After a good night of sleep (the one night when I woke up under Mamma and Papa's bed, I had rolled out of my bed), so nice to cuddle with Mamma.

No comments: