Monday, March 3, 2008

My first trip

I continue growing up and giving my parents a hard time here and there. I am mostly super cute and behaving well when around people: let's say that the rest of time, when I am not exercizing with mom and dad, I can be a little loud.

It is just that I like movement and noise, I sleep so well in those times. I tried to go running with mom and dad around the lake early last week: even though they could not run more than a couple of kilometers for various reasons (one is still recovering from a cesarian, the other has terrible knee pains, excuses, excuses...), I managed to sleep the whole time and did not mind all the bumps on the path. The lethargic effect of the stroller also works perfectly well with the car: as soon as the engine starts, I fall alseep. Not a single exception to that.
The only problem appears during rainy days: I cannot go for a walk with mom while dad is at work and I like to make it clear to her that I don't like being inside at home: crying at the top of my lungs is my specialty. This can make mommy quite tired, I know it is not very nice of me to do that.

So a lot of walking, a little bit of climbing, and as usual a bunch of drinking and diaper changing: what a busy week!
We all decided to leave the Paris area and drive to Bourges to visit Mamie and Papi for the week-end and get a little rest. The driving both ways went super well: I really can't manage to stay awake more than 1 minute in my car. We then enjoyed the relaxing atmosphere of the countryside for 2 days: I got to cuddle with my grand-parents a lot and I rewarded them by being super nice during those 2 days. Just a little bit of crying here and there but overall I think I made a very good impression and showed that I could behave.

On Saturday, we went to the market to check out the good food there: cheeses, bread, vegetables, meat... yummy, I can't wait to be done with this milk-only diet. The butcher, one of my grand-parents friend even offered me some nice flowers. And so did the flower ladies that Mamie meets on a regular basis. Talking about being a spoiled brat. We even went for walks in the forest and in the Swamps in Bourges: they have been rehabilitated a while ago into samll gardens where people grow vegetables and flowers: lots of colours, quiet and interesting setting, this is a nice place to spend some time gardening.
Quite a good week-end: first trip for me and first success. I had no problem sleeping in a different bed from usual or getting accustomed to a different schedule. The trip to Iceland in a month already sounds exciting.

Part of my new outfit from Britanny: the hat fits me super well

Playing Mikado with mom and dad: I am not so good at it, not enough coordination and I get too excited too fast.

Cuddling with Papi

Looking at the ducks, can't wait to be older to give them bread

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Til hamingju með litlu prinsessuna. Kveðja Sólrún og fjölskylda