Sunday, February 24, 2008

The Icelandic and French Connections

You already got to meet Amma and Afi, 2 of my 2 grand-parents, when they visited me 2 weeks ago. They are mommy's mom and dad, and they come from a place far far North, Iceland, where it can be very cold and snowy.
I am so lucky that I will get to visit them and maybe some of the country when I fly there on April 4th. It will be my first time in an airplane: it is a biiiig machine, much bigger than my car, and it flies too. I guess it won't be a big change for me compared to the car, I'll probably be sleeping most of the time.

There are quite a few other people in the family: I have 1 uncle (Jonni) in Iceland, 1 aunt (Birna) in Denmark (she used to be the star of the family, I took that over from her!), 2 uncles in France (Thierry and Fabien), 1 in the USA (Vincent) and 2 more grand-parents in France (Mamie and Papi). And a bunch of cousins everywhere in the world.

Since I was born, I only got to meet 4 of them. Fabien, Mamie and Papi visited me at the hospital 2 days after I was born: they got to hold me when I was just a shrimp, looking tiny small in my big pyjamas: those same pyjamas are now a little tight, I have grown so much since then. I can even almost hold my head straight now. Almost, sometimes it is still a little wobbly, it looks like I am sort of drunk or something. Too much milk maybe.

A little later, Thierry drove from Nantes just to see me during a whole week-end. He brought me one more friend for my bed: a big blue frog that hangs on the frame: I can't really play with it now but I am sure I will love it with its long legs and arms.
I had the impression that he was not very comfortable holding me in his arms. It is a little difficult to hold a soft small body like mine, it is just a matter of getting used to it. I am a little disappointed he did not try to change my diaper once... The good thing is that he did not seem to be too bothered by me waking up at night: he did not wake up a sinlge time when I had to drink or when daddy changed my diapers a few meters away from him.

Everybody lives a little far from us, that's why I try to keep my blog updated. It takes a little time to do that, and I already have such a busy schedule: sleeping, drinking, sleeping, changing diaper, bath, drinking, a little bit of crying, going for a walk in my stroller, more drinking and sleeping... It is always the same with big stars: can never find time for themselves.

I have already planned some visits here and there: I'd like to fly around the world to meet everybody and all of mom and dad's friends. I have to show them for real how cute I am.

Uncle Fabien took a break from work to visit me at the hospital

Papi, not impressed by how small I am

Showing Mamie and Papi the nice forest close to home

Rolled in a blanket, tight and comfy

Thierry liked walking me in Versailles

No comments: