Thursday, February 7, 2008

Bubbles

Nights have been a little difficult lately: I have been having some stomach pain (or so mom and dad think, that's part of their learning phase) which disturbed my sleep a little. Bubbles in my stomach make my life difficult, hey keep waking me up as soon asI close my eyes. Mom and dad end up taking care of me for hours in a row, until I finally manage to fall asleep. Not fun for them to stay awake until 3 in the morning or for 2 hours in the middle of the night.

They tried all the tricks they know to try help me feel better: good feeding with mommy's milk, clean diaper, wrap me tight in my fleece blanket just the way I like it, cuddling, rocking, patting my back to make me burp... Nothing seems to work. They even invented a new position to hold me to facilitate the burping and getting rid of those evil bubbles: the Sloth position. This does not always solve the problem but I like it and it sometimes get some bubbles out of my stomach when the other methods did not work.

I hope the discomfort will disappear fast, I don't want mom and dad to become very tired because of me.

One good news, Amma and Afi (Alda and Olafur) are coming from Icelandic tomorrow to see me. I am so excited to meet them, I am sure they will love me, everybody says I am super cute.

The Sloth position Mom style.
The Sloth position Dad style.
My favorite sleeping position: the Egyptian.
I gained a little weight lately but I am still the cutest.

1 comment:

Jóhanna said...

Ah, sounds like the colic... destroyer of young parents' sleep the world over. Hope things improve in the digestive system soon!