The ultimate goal of our trip: mamma's PhD graduation from Penn State. Gown and square hat on, mommy is ready to receive her diploma while daddy and I watch her from a distance. It is funny yo see all those people wearing strange gowns and hats: depending on where they graduated, accompanying professors wear different color gowns and sometimes different hats. It feels like we are at a Harry Potter convention!
All graduates and their advisor walk in: so many people! I had a hard time spotting mommy, they all look the same. Fortunately, Mark, her advisor, was way taller than everybody else, easy to notice.
Here we are, Mamma and Mark found us in the crowd. They thought I looked funny from a distance, with my pink bear suit held by Papa in the carrier.
Let's play a game: where is Mamma? Me, me, me, I know! Everybody in the Bryce Jordan Center sort of knew where I was too, I could not help singing loud during the ceremony.
Graham Spanier, the President of the University giving a speech. He explained why everybody was dressed like Harry Potter, something to do with the Middle Ages...
Mamma is giving a speech: she was the star of the day. I could not attend, I was quite tired after the ceremony and went to bed.
Liz and Heath joined us during the graduation ceremony: they explained a lot of things to daddy, he is not used to such a thing in France.
Wei really wanted a photo with mommy wearing her gown. The blue scarf thing is a little off but who cares?
Just before leaving State College, the uber-classic photo with the Nittany Lion. What do you think of me as a little bear on a big lion?

No comments:
Post a Comment