Wednesday, May 7, 2008

USA - Day 2 - Auburn, AL

The trip was very long, the whole family needs to rest today. We decide to visit Auburn, look around, enjoy the day. Obviously, the first store I notice on the way to downtown is "Alabama Outdoors": I love this kind of store, they have all kinds of gear, nice clothes... Mom and Dad already taught the most essential values in life. How come Vincent and Katie never noticed that store!

Half an hour later, we get out of there with a new goal for today: to find the small bouldering area they told us about, a few miles down the road. We'll spend the afternoon with some locals discovering the 2 boulders they have there: so nice to be outside on a sunny day.
The off-road 3-wheel-drive stroller that once again brought me to destination. Iam in the first row to watch Mamma and Papa climb.

We found 2 boulders a few hundred meters from the road. Enough to play this afternoon. Mom shows the locals how to do it. She rules!

Still a little jet-lagged but I like being outdoors. It is so warm that I can even be half-naked.

Papa almost made it to the top of this problem. A little too hard for him, but a good project for this afternoon.

No comments: